1. Definition of Personal Information
"Personal information" means information about a living individual, including name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, bank account number, and any other information that makes it possible to identify a specific individual by means of items and other descriptions associated with the purposes of use set forth in Article 3 below.
2. Acquisition of personal information
The Company will take sufficient security control measures for the personal information handled in the Service, and will acquire customers' personal information to the extent necessary for our business, through legal and appropriate means as described below.
- Personal information including name, e-mail address, and credit card information entered by the customer when registering to use the Service.
- Personal information provided by the customer upon inquiries by phone, e-mail, or through the website.
- IP address, location information, individual terminal identification information, etc. provided by the customer to identify the terminal when using the Service.
- Cookie information
3. Purpose and Scope of Use of Personal Information
The Company shall use the customer's personal information in the Service only to the extent necessary for providing appropriate guidance when using the Service, providing appropriate services and products, managing the customer’s information, and distributing advertisements to the customer related to the Company's services, and shall take appropriate measures not to use such information for any other purposes.
The purpose of acquisition and scope of use of personal information by the Company shall be as follows:
- To display information on past purchases and their prices, in addition to the customer's name, e-mail address, payment method, and other registration information, when the customer views or corrects his/her own registration information or usage status.
- To use the customer's contact information, such as name and e-mail address, and the content of the inquiry in order to contact the customer as necessary for the operation of the Service, such as in response to an inquiry from the customer to the Group.
- To use the customer's contact information, such as name and e-mail address, when advertising the Company's products or services.
- To use the customer's name, e-mail address, and other contact information when advertising the products or services of the operator of the Service, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- To use the customer's name, date of birth, address, telephone number, bank account number, driver's license number, delivery status of certified mail, and other information when responding to inquiries about personal information or verifying the customer's identity.
- To use information related to payment, such as the name of the product purchased by the customer, the quantity purchased, the amount billed, the customer's name, and e-mail address, when billing the customer for the product.
- To use information to identify individuals, such as customer's name, e-mail address, face photo, and usage status, in order to refuse the use of the Service to the customer who violates the Terms of the Service, such as those who delay payment or cause damage to third parties, or those who attempt to use the Service for fraudulent or unfair purposes.
- (After processing the data so that individuals cannot be identified), to use the customer’s operation records of the web application, such as browsing screens and operation details, as a record of the User behavior for the purpose of improving and enhancing the quality of the Service.
- (After processing the data so that individuals cannot be identified), to create and use marketing materials based on statistical data (after processing data that cannot identify individuals).
Any changes to the above purposes of use shall be made only to a reasonable extent, and the details of such changes shall be publicly announced on the website or by other means.
4. Management of personal information
The company shall strive to keep the customers' personal information accurate and up-to-date and to prevent unauthorized access, loss, damage, alteration, or leakage of personal information, by taking necessary measures such as maintenance of security systems, development of management systems, and thorough employee training, and by implementing safety measures to strictly manage personal information.
5. Outsourcing of personal information
When outsourcing all or part of the handling of personal information obtained from the customer, the Company may outsource all or part of the handling of such personal information to contractors to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. In selecting contractors, the Company shall select appropriate contractors in accordance with the Company's personal information management standards, and shall take necessary measures such as concluding necessary contracts to ensure that the contractors comply with security management measures.
6. Provision of personal information to a third party
The Company shall properly manage personal information provided by the customer, and shall not provide such personal information to any third party without obtaining prior consent from the customer, except in the following cases:
- When provided to Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd., the operator of the Service, for the purpose of advertising to its customers.
- The company may provide the customer’s name, e-mail address, and the usage record of the Service to Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. for the purpose of advertising its products, services, and events.
- When provided in accordance with laws and regulations as described below, or for the purpose of customer protection, etc.
- When required by laws and regulations
- When it becomes necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of such individual to whom the information pertains.
- When it becomes particularly necessary for the improvement in public health or the promotion of the sound growth in children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual to whom the information pertains.
- When it becomes necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or a party entrusted by either of the former two in the execution of affairs based on laws and regulations, but obtaining the consent of the individual to whom the information pertains may hinder the execution of such affairs.
7. Purpose of acquisition of camera images and scope of use
The Company shall install cameras in its stores and record images for providing appropriate guidance when using the Service, providing appropriate services and products, and for crime prevention.
The purpose and scope of use of the camera images are as follows:
- To enable the User of the Service to view the cooking and serving of meals by robots installed in the restaurant using cell phones, etc.
- To use the recorded images to improve the operation of robots for cooking, serving meals, etc.
- For the purpose of crime and disaster prevention.
8. Security measures for personal information
The Company shall take reasonable security and corrective measures against risks such as unauthorized access to, loss, destruction, alteration, leakage, or destruction of the customer's personal information, and shall promptly take appropriate corrective measures in the unlikely event that any problems occur. Further, the Company shall always endeavor to collect information on the protection of personal information and to implement the latest security measures.
In addition, when the customer uses the website, cookies may be used by the Company or third-party advertisement distributing companies for the purpose of obtaining statistical information such as access counts and measuring advertising effectiveness. If the customer does not wish to accept cookies, he or she can reject them by changing your browser settings. Cookies do not obtain any personal information that the customer has not entered or provided.
Please note that if cookies are disabled when using the web application, the service itself will not be available.
10. Use of SSL
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to ensure security when personal information is entered, in order to prevent interception, interference, or alteration of such information.
- In providing the Service, the Company shall comply with Japanese laws, regulations, and other norms applicable to personal information held by the Company.
12. Requests for notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition or deletion of content, suspension of use, elimination, and suspension of provision to third parties of personal information (hereinafter referred to as "Request for Disclosure, etc.")
When the Company receives a complaint, consultation, or a request for notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, elimination, or suspension of provision to a third party of personal information held by us (hereinafter referred to as "Request for Disclosure, etc.") from the individual concerned or his/her representative, we will respond within reasonable limits in accordance with the content of the request.
- Personal Information Inquiry Desk:
Another Company, Inc.
201 PMO Shibuya Ⅱ, 3-1-1 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan 150-0002
Reception Hours: From 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. through Monday to Friday (*Please note that, on Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, year-end and New Year's holidays, and the Golden Week holidays in Japan, we will respond to inquiries on the next business day or later.)
- Handling procedures for Request for Disclosure, etc. of personal information held by the Company
- Contact for Requests for Disclosure, etc.: Please contact the Personal Information Inquiry Desk above to make a Request for Disclosure, etc.
- Personal Information Subject to Disclosure and Purpose of Use: Personal information that falls under "Acquisition of Personal Information" and "Purpose of Use of Personal Information" as described above.
- Procedures for Requests for Disclosure, etc.:
①After receiving your request for disclosure, we will send you by mail the prescribed request form "Request Form for Disclosure, etc. of Retained Personal Data" to be filled out.
②Please send the completed request form above, a document verifying that the request was made by a representative (if applicable), and a postal money order for the handling fee (only for requests for notification of purpose of use and disclosure) to the Personal Information Inquiry Desk above.
③Upon receipt of the above request form, we will ask you to provide us with two items of your personal information registered with us (e.g., telephone number and date of birth) to verify your identity.
④In principle, responses will be made in writing (sealed letter mail) to the principal.
- In the case of a request by a representative: If we receive an inquiry from a representative, we will determine the appropriateness of the representative in light of socially accepted norms after confirming the relationship between the representative and the principal.
- Commissions for Requests for Disclosure, etc.: 1,000 yen per request (Please enclose a postal money order when you send us the disclosure request form, etc.)
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraphs, the Company will not disclose non-personal information including historical information and characteristic information in principle.
13. Chief Privacy Officer
President of Another Company, Inc.
Another Company, Inc.
201 PMO Shibuya Ⅱ, 3-1-1 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan 150-0002
Phone: 03-6427-9007 Email address: email@example.com
Enactment date: March 3, 2022
Another Company, Inc.